- Geologic consultant assisting in reservoir characterization and resource and reserve evaluation of Pennsylvanian age sands for a property located in New Mexico.
- Consultant to a group evaluating reserves and infill drilling potential for a property located in the northern end of the Barnett Shale play.
- Geologic Consultant to an engineering group doing reserve evaluation on three gas fields in the Burgos Basin of Mexico.
- Geologic Consultant to engineering group which was retained by an
multi-national company to evaluate, for potential acquisition, natural
gas and oil assets in the Nile Delta region of Egypt and Cook Mountain
trend of Southeast Texas.
- Geologic Consultant to an engineering group doing reserve evaluation
for a block in the Gulf of Thailand containing 4 producing areas (over
400 wells) and 2 delineated areas awaiting infrastructure placement
and development drilling.
- Geologic Consultant to an engineering group doing reserve estimation
for a newly discovered gas and condensate field offshore Brazil, producing
from Jurassic Age fluvial and eolian facies.
- Geologic Consultant to an international engineering group evaluating
core asset covering parts of 4 counties and including over 4,000 producing
wells, for a major independent in the Southeastern Midland Basin of
- Geologic Consultant to international engineering firm that did reservoir
characterization, reservoir simulation, and provided facilities and
secondary recovery decision direction on world class Cretaceous carbonate
field in UAE, currently producing over 250,000 BOPD.
- Pioneer Natural Resources – South Louisiana Properties
- Encana Energy Resources, Inc. - Northern Montana properties
- Swift Energy Company - South Texas properties
- Burlington Resources - West Texas properties
- QRL Liquidating - Quitman Field East Texas
- Magnum Hunter Resources, Inc. - South Texas properties
- Alpine Resources Inc. - West Texas properties
- Denbury Resources, Inc. - Laurel Field Mississippi
- Evaluated a prospect in SE Texas to help establish a range for potential damages stemming from a dispute over the contractual right to drill a well.
- Litigation Support Involving Formation of Pooled Gas
Units in East Texas Basin
- Technical expertise
- Geologic interpretation
- Data acquisition
- Did reservoir characterization, decline curve analysis and economic analysis on a multi-well Cotton Valley Sand asset in East Texas for a company seeking to acquire the assets.
- Odegard Energy, Inc. - Shiloh Field East Texas
EXPLORATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- MISSISSIPPIAN CHAT - KANSAS
Working Interest participant in a large acreage acquisition and drilling program for Mississippian Chat in Kansas. Operator has begun drilling multiple wells. Wells to be drilled by 2nd quarter 2012.
- DRILLING PROGRAM – S. LOUISANA
Have participated in drilling 3 wells in Cameron Parish, Louisiana with Smith Production Company of Jackson, MS. First 2 wells were dry holes, third well is in process of being completed and has 2 to 3 productive oil sands by mudlog, sidewall core analysis and open hole log analysis.
- 3D SEISMIC PROJECT – TYLER COUNTY, TEXAS
Working Interest participant in 3D dataset acquired 2 years ago. Just drilled and logged a Yegua test with multiple pay zones by sidewall core and open-hole log analysis. A successful completion sets up multiple offset locations.
- 3D Seismic Survey South Texas
Participant in an approximate 60 square mile 3D survey in South Texas
to evaluate Wilcox and shallower sands. The first 3 prospects have
been identified and leasing is finalized. One well has been drilled
and completed as a gas producer. Three other wells have been permitted.
- Jurassic Prospect East Texas
Generated a prospect covering approximately 10,000 acres based on subsurface
control, seismic, offset production and a pre-fracture stimulation
test in the key well. Apache Corporation acquired the property in
2002 and drilled and completed a well with 65 feet of pay in the
Cotton Valley Lime. Apache has drilled 6 8 wells in the area to date,
5 of which are successful completions in the Cotton Valley Lime,
with potential pay behind pipe in the Cotton Valley and Bossier sands.
XTO has also drilled 2 successful Cotton Valley Lime wells. A horizontal
Cotton Valley Sand test is expected to be drilled southwest of the
area by another Operator by the end of 2009.
- Stockman Field Area - Shelby County, Texas
Calvin was instrumental in negotiating an approximate 7,000 acre farm-out
from a major independent oil & gas company. Calvin and its’ partners
have re-entered 1 well and drilled 9 additional wells on this prospect.
To date, potential pay zones have been found in the Pettet, Travis
Peak, Upper and Lower Cotton Valley sands, Haynesville Shale and
Haynesville Lime. Large independents have acquired leases in the
immediate area and to the east of the acreage block for the “Haynesville” Shale
play. Devon energy has permitted 2 Haynesville Shale tests immediately
west of our HBP acreage.